Field Trips: Know Before You Go
Before you Visit
- A minimum of 16 students is required to run a private group program.
- SUNY Poly CMOST requires one adult chaperone for every 8 students
- Both teachers and chaperones are admitted for free.
- There are no formal lunch facilities at the Museum; however if you would like to eat lunch at The Museum, call the Reservations desk 518-235-2120 so that we can work out accommodations.
- It is important for your group to arrive on time.
- The Museum makes every attempt to accommodate each school program; however, if your group is running late, please let us know as soon as possible by calling 518-235-2120. In some instances time may be cut from your program if your group is late.
- Groups may leave their coats in the coat area. The Museum encourages visitors to leave backpacks or other larger bags on the bus or at school.
- If bringing lunches, many teachers and groups have found it helpful if they put them all together in a box or a bag and leave them in The Museum's foyer.
- To ensure a successful and productive visit, teachers and chaperones are required to stay with students and to model and encourage good behavior.
- The Museum's programs are hands-on and benefit from adult encouragement and support. Our Museum staff will provide suggestions during the program about how adults may assist children.
- Please refrain from cell phone use while in the museum.
- Please prepare your chaperones accordingly.
- Upon entering SUNY Poly CMOST groups will be divided into smaller groups of approximately 25 students each. Those groups will be rotated through the different portions of their program.
- Teachers and chaperones are responsible for dividing up their students equally into groups of 25 prior to arrival.
- SUNY Poly CMOST has a gift shop. This is a great opportunity for children to purchase souvenirs from their visits starting at under $1.00. Proceeds help to support museum programs! An adult should accompany students while they are in the gift shop to assist children in choosing items within their price range.
- The cost for each child is $6 for your program.
- A $75 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation for you program. This deposit will be subtracted from the cost of your tour.
- Full payment is required 2 weeks prior to your program date.
- If you must reschedule or cancel, two weeks notice is required. You will be billed the full amount of the program if you fail to provide us with two weeks notice of cancellation or rescheduling.
- In the case of inclement weather we will reschedule your program at a mutually agreeable date.
Questions? Call SUNY Poly CMOST at 518.235.2120.
Ready to Visit? Make a reservation!